Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tex Murphy!

It's times like these when I wish I had $10,000. If I did, I'd pledge it to start up the Project Fedora game and get a sweet chance to go to a murder mystery with none other than Tex Murphy himself! Or at least, the actor pretending to be Tex. Man, if I were upper middle class, I'd totally pay for both me and my fiance to go and snap up both of them. If only I earned $100,000 a year or more. Instead, I'm going to get a shotglass and some .pdfs but ... oh well. There's a lot of not being rich going around these days.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's that there's a kickstarter project to fund the new Tex Murphy game. If they meet their needed (and surprisingly low) amount, they'll put together a game in the old style and release it to a world that is hungry for it (or should be). Investigation, noir, a cool detective ... or rather an un-cool one. I wanted it to be made. I need it to be made. More importantly, in Australia the cost of a new game is $100 and since a copy of the game (electronically downloaded) is included for pledgers, there's really no point in NOT pledging if you plan to purchase it.

So, if you're like me and want to see it happen, or are just a bit curious, mosey on down to Kickstarter and take a look. Or just tweet, blog, or facebook about it. I wouldn't normally advertise on this blog but I just can't refuse a big, burly detective.

No comments:

Post a Comment